working in a kitchen
upon completion of our Working in a Kitchen module, you will:
- understand how a kitchen is structured, the different roles and responsibilities and the importance of working in a team
- know about the different types of knives and how to handle them safely
- become familiar with different cuts of meat, poultry, herbs and spices
- understand the importance of following good, safe working practises
upon completion of our Cellar Management module, you will:
- be able to identify the different types of equipment in your cellar
- understand how to use your equipment safely
- understand how to receive and store deliveries correctly
- be able to demonstrate how to pour the perfect pint
upon completion of our Food Safety modules, you will:
- understand the different type of bacteria, the different types of food poisoning and how food can become contaminated
- know how to store and prepare food by following safe working practices
- understand the importance of working in a safe, hygienic and healthy work place
- be familiar with 7 key principles of the HACCP food management systems (Level 2 only)
- complete an industry endorsed module
upon completion of our Allergens module, you will:
- understand the different types of food allergens and how they affect the body
- know how to deal with customer enquiries relating to allergens
- be able to recognise the immediate signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
upon completion of our First Aid module, you will:
- understand your responsibilities with regard to first aid at work
- know how to deal with an emergency at work
- be aware of different types of injuries and illnesses and how to deal with them
health and safety
upon completion of our Health and Safety modules, you will:
- be aware of your responsibilities with regard to health and safety legislation
- understand how fire starts and how it can be prevented
- understand how to identify hazardous substances and the dangers associated with them
- know how to deal with injuries and emergencies at work (Level 2 only)
- identify the different types of accidents and how to prevent them (Level 2 only)
- complete an industry endorsed module
upon completion of our Personal Licence Holder module, you will:
- understand your legal and social responsibilities in the supply and dispense of alcohol as a personal licence holder
- understand the differences between a personal and premises licence
- be aware of the roles and responsibilities of the licensing authorities
- understand the licensing laws associated with children and young people
- know the different types of illegal drugs and the policies in place to deal with them
- know how to deal with conflict in the workplace
Check out http://www.plhonline.co.uk for additional information on our PLH offering.
upon completion of our Licensing modules, you will:
- know your responsibility with regard to licensing legislation
- know your responsibility when dealing with young people and alcohol
- be aware of the physical signs of drug and alcohol abuse and how to deal with it
- be able to identify the different types of drugs and their effects
- be able to identify the signs of conflict and how to deal with it effectively
Our Licensing modules cover both England & Wales and Scottish legislation.
We are always developing new modules to be added to our portfolio.
We are excited to be launching the brand new Flow Trend; a suite of micro-modules with an emphasis on fun, interactive learning. This suite offers a fresh look at some current industry trends, featuring modules such as: Craft Beer, Food Fest, Gin Lover and Hot Brews. Available early 2017.
Due to popular demand, we are developing The Management Suite; a range of modules including Leading a Winning Team and Employment Law. This suite of modules will be available from summer 2017.
Finally, we have added Flow Compact, a new range of short compliance modules, to our portfolio. This includes Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and Disability Awareness. In summer 2017 we will be releasing Equality and Diversity and Fire Marshal Training.
If you have any suggestions of additional modules you would like to see added to our suites we would be more than happy to hear from you.